The Chippenham Branch of the Mothers’ Union meets on the first Thursday of the month at 2:30pm in the Lady Chapel in the Church. We have a wide range of speakers. Our membership is of about 30 and are members of either St. Andrew’s or St. Peter’s Church. Not all of our members are able to attend afternoon meetings, but are happy to belong to a worldwide organization with members in 79 countries.
There are five objects of the Mothers’ Union:
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding,
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church,
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service,
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and protection of children,
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Mothers’ Union Prayer
We thank you for your love so freely given to us all.
We pray for families around the world.
Bless the work of the Mothers’ Union as we seek to share your love,
through the encouragement, strengthening and support of marriage and family life.
Empowered by your Spirit,
may we be united in prayer and worship,
and in love and service reach out as your hand across the world,
in Jesus’ name, Amen.
PROGRAMME FOR 2019
MEETINGS TAKE PLACE ON THE FIRST THURSDAY OF THE MONTH AT 2.30 PM IN THE LADY CHAPEL IN ST ANDREW’S CHURCH
“In Mary Sumner’s Footsteps”
Jan 3rd My life experiences. A talk by Pam Mills
Feb 7th AGM Followed by talk by Rod Key on “Women in the Bible”
Mar 7th Lent Meditation on one of the Psalms by Richenda Milton-Dawes
Apr 4th Wiltshire Police – a talk about the Bobby Van by Will Todd
May 2nd “The House of Faberge” a talk by Phil Redeyoff
June 6th “The Beauty of Butterflies and Moths” a talk by Michael Sammes
July 4th “Food Bank Update” by the Salvation Army
August St Andrew’s Church Outing
Sept 5th Wave of Prayer
Oct 3rd “Visit to South Africa” a talk by Rev Rod Key
Nov 7th “Canal Ministries” a talk by Rev Atwill
Dec 5th Pre-Christmas Lunch at North Wilts Bowls Club