Guidance for organisations wishing to book church premises for use with children of vulnerable adults.
Last updated March 2015.
We need to be assured that organisations working with children or vulnerable adults have the appropriate policies and procedures in place before we can accept bookings for any of our church premises.
Organisations should produce the following documentation:
- Safeguarding (Child Protection) Policy document. This will include information about safe recruitment and about the safeguarding training that has been given to staff and volunteers.
- Safeguarding procedures document, outlining what should be done if safeguarding issue arise.
Any organisation that works with children aged under 18 when parents are not present must have leaders who have undergone the necessary DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service – formerly CRB) checks as part of the recruitment procedure. Information about this will be included in policy documentation.
If your organisation needs to get help with developing these policies, there is useful information available at the following locations:
- Writing Organisational Child Protection Policies Factsheet (NSPCC)
- Writing your policy statement (Safe Network)
- Safeguarding information for childcare professionals (Wiltshire Council)
- Training (Wiltshire Pathways)
- Guidance information for child protection policies for a sports club or holiday club (Wiltshire Council)
- Safeguarding policies and procedures (Diocese of Bristol)