One of the greatest treasures of our parish is the organ in St Andrews church. Originally built by Bryce Seede in 1752 (arguably the finest West Country organ builder) it was relocated and substantially expanded in 1879. It is one of only two surviving Bryce Seede organs in the world.
This magnificent instrument is in need of significant repairs, and the part of the wind chest that feeds the swell organ was not functioning as it should over the very hot summer last year. The costs of doing this will be considerable but achievable, and the PCC have set up an organ rebuilding committee to plan the rebuild and raise the appropriate funds.
- If you’d like to sign up to our mailing list, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject SUBSCRIBE.
- If you’d like to donate online to this project, please visit our Just Giving site here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/standrewsorgan
The organ committee is comprised of:
- Chair (James Adman)
- Vice Chair (Chris Higman)
- Project Manager (Chris Higman)
- Organists (Geoff Oldnall / Richard Bambury)
- Media and Communications (Beth McNally / Remy Osman)
- Events Organiser (Brian Elliot)
- Grants Coordinator (Dick Spencer)
- Treasurer (Chris Higman)